The regulator’s approach to VFM is three years old. It expects the sector to have got to grips with it by now. At the heart of the approach is the reporting of your own strategic VFM targets alongside mandatory regulatory metrics in the final accounts. It makes boards more accountable for VFM by requiring them to set, publish and then achieve their targets. Clearly this kind of transparency and accountability also chimes with the thrust of the White Paper.
You might know very little or simply need to brush up on VFM compliance – either way this workshop is designed to quickly bring you up to speed ahead of finalising your accounts.
Demystifying VFM: Aim
To provide delegates with the tools and information to understand and comply with regulatory VFM requirements. Coverage:
- VFM – the basics
- clarity on expectations and consideration of the implications
- how the regulatory, Scorecard and Acuity metrics fit together
- reporting VFM in the accounts: what might it look like? – a template
- where might VFM be going?
The online workshop will run for 2 to 2.5 hours from 10 am.
Both date are now fully booked. Please contact us if you would like to be informed when we next run it.
There will be the opportunity to ask questions
Who should attend?
Those responsible for reporting VFM in the accounts, regulatory compliance, appraising the board and ensuring VFM is embedded in the business.
Feedback from previous VFM workshops
- Delegates gave an overall rating of more than 4.5 out of 5 for these workshops.
- On average they gave a rating of 4.5 out of 5 for both the content and delivery of the workshops.
Steve Smedley has specialised in VFM since the noughties and has been running VFM workshops and projects with Acuity members since 2013. He has also written a number of publications for HouseMark, NHF, CIH and CHC on this subject over the past 15 years and has a close working relationship with the regulator.
- Acuity members £85 plus VAT
- Non-members £105 plus VAT
- additional places £50 plus VAT