To provide key knowledge and a practical understanding of data protection and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016. We will follow a timeline in the development of data protection, supported by real life case studies to provide you with a handy list of do’s and don’ts.
This one day course provides Housing Association staff with key knowledge and a practical understanding of data protection focusing on the existing UK Data Protection Act 1998 and the new legal framework in the EU – General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 which came into force on 25 May 2018.
By the end of the session you will have:
- Explored the 4 dimensions of confidentiality, the 8 principles of data protection and the 7 rights of data subjects
- Discussed the consent standards in dealing with general and sensitive personal data in preparation for GDPR requirements
- Gained knowledge of exemptions, processing conditions, storage and sharing of data
- Gained an insight into 10 changes and preparing for GDPR in 12 easy steps
- Outlined do’s and don’ts of best practice
Who should attend?
This course is for staff responsible for handling or managing personal information.
Wednesday 30 March
£295 per person