In view of Grant Shapps’ recent undertaking to ‘Shine a Light’ on salaries paid to housing association staff along with the public sector, we thought it might be useful to highlight some of the findings from our 2010 salary comparison of 30 smaller providers — housing associations managing up to 1,000 homes.
- The median Chief Executive’s salary was £54,000 with the upper and lower quartiles £64,000 and £50,000 respectively.
- Approximately one third of CEOs receive a car allowance.
- Two CEOs are paid a bonus (4% and 12%).
- One in three of the associations have a final salary pension scheme.
- One in six use a defined benefit scheme.