Twenty Board members and members of staff from eight housing providers came together for this popular training session on 3 October 2013.
Presentation slides from the day:
Intro to social housing slides 3 October 2013
To join our waiting list for the next session – please contact us.
Ideal for those new to social housing (Board Members and members of staff), this introductory session provides an overview and understanding of social housing. You’ll explore how social housing is managed, the environment in which housing providers operate, and the key challenges and new opportunities they face.
By the end of the course delegates will have gained an understanding of:
- The origins and role of social housing
- The purpose and aims of social landlords
- Legislative influences
- The people housed by social landlords
- Their operational activities e.g. finance, maintenance, development and housing management
- The relationship with other bodies such as local authorities, regulators, government departments, legal bodies, financial institutions etc.
Facilitator: Nitin Parmar