This workshop will look at the skills involved in taking and presenting effective minutes and examine the link between effectively chaired meetings and the ability to take accurate and clear minutes – An opportunity to develop your skills, knowledge and confidence in this under-rated task.
Aims and objectives:
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance and relevance of thorough preparation
- Understand different types of meetings and appropriate minute styles
- Build a working relationship with the Chair
- Structure helpful agenda
- Employ effective mechanics of writing
- Listen, absorb, evaluate and summarise
- Produce concise and accurate minutes
Who should attend?
Any member of staff inexperienced at minuting meetings and who would like to improve their skills in this area.