Getting what you want from a survey
This one-day workshop facilitated by Acuity Director Denise Raine will enable participants to identify and understand how to managing and set up customer / resident survey, select the most suitable survey methods and optimise fieldwork processes.
Aims & objectives
By the end of the workshop programme participants will have gained an understanding of:
- The need for housing research and what constitutes good research
- Postal surveys
- Telephone surveys
- Text surveys
- Face to face interviews
- Focus groups
- Mixed method surveys
- Other methods including mystery shopping
- Survey bias
- Survey methods selection
- Different types of software available to facilitate the survey process
- Data input, cleaning and validation
- Data protection, anonymity and confidentiality
- Planning the fieldwork timetable
- Customer recovery
Who should attend / participant numbers
Anyone who wants to develop their ability to design, commission, manage and deliver housing research projects (maximum of 18 participants).
Dates / locations
12 February 2015 in London
£175 (includes comprehensive and informative materials)
Further information / bookings
Contact us on 01273 311677 or email@example.com. Click here to book onto this workshop.
Click here to return to the Housing Research Skills page.