The aim of this half-day workshop is to examine ways of minimising the risk and costs to the landlord of managing repairing obligations and legislatory and statutory controls.
By the end of the session you will have:
- Understood the landlord’s responsibilities in respect of repairing obligations.
- Understood the difference between improvements and major repairs.
- Assessed the consequences of non-compliance with repairing requirements and defence.
- Explored other aspects which relate to disrepair.
- Assessed the importance of content in tenancy agreements and tenant handbooks in relation to repair responsibilities.