Challenges & Opportunities
Ideal for those new to social housing (Board Members and members of staff), this introductory session provides an overview and understanding of social housing. You’ll explore how social housing is managed, the environment in which housing providers operate, and the key challenges and new opportunities they face.
Aims & objectives
By the end of the workshop participants will have gained an understanding of:
- The origins and role of social housing
- The purpose and aims of social landlords
- Legislative influences
- The people housed by social landlords
- Their operational activities e.g. finance, maintenance, development and housing management
- The relationship with other bodies such as local authorities, regulators, government departments, legal bodies, financial institutions etc.
Who should attend / participant numbers
New staff and Board members or anyone considering joining a Board of Management (Maximum 18 participants)
Dates / locations
10 September (London)
11 March (London)
Further information / bookings
Contact us on 01273 311677 or email@example.com. Click here to book onto this workshop.
Housing Management & Housing Law Workshops
We also offer introductory sessions on Housing Management and Housing Law.