Challenges & Opportunities
Ideal for those new to social housing (Board Members, staff and tenants), this one day course provides an overview and understanding of social housing. You’ll explore how social housing is managed, the environment in which housing providers operate, and the key challenges and new opportunities they face.
Learning outcomes – the course will focus on:
By the end of the workshop participants will have gained an understanding of:
- The origins and role of social housing.
- The vision purpose and aims of social landlords
- Funding, the range of housing and the ten types of providers
- The four primary activities, six internal disciplines and key external relationships
- Regulation, rights and responsibilities from a customer perspective
- The future of social housing.
Who should attend / participant numbers
New staff and Board members or anyone considering joining a Board of Management (Maximum 18 participants)
Morning session 10:00 am – 13:00 pm
Afternoon session 1:45pm to 4:30pm
Two breaks during each session
Dates / locations
Further information / bookings
Contact us on 01273 311677 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to book onto this workshop.
Housing Management & Housing Law Workshops
We also offer introductory sessions on Housing Management and Housing Law.