This one-day course provides an understanding of finance and business planning relating to social housing
- Business plans setting the context for housing association finances
- Financial management covering capital and revenue expenditure
- Effective monitoring systems encompassing borrowing covenants and management accounts
- Understanding the three main accounting statements
- Manipulating accounting data: what to look for
- Review of the financial aspects of governance in the sector
- Project risk analysis and risk mitigation
- Business plans and finances – capital or revenue?
- HA sector funding
- Managing HA’s interest rate cost and risk
- Controls and systems.
- Maintaining financial viability.
Who should attend
Board members, Chief Executives, Company Secretaries, other senior staff.