For individuals newly appointed to or considering joining a Board, this workshop provides an overview of the roles and responsibilities of Board members of social housing providers, together with governance and regulation, strategic planning, standards and conduct.
Aims and objectives
By the end of this workshop delegates will have an understanding of:
- The social housing sector, its history and future direction
- Social housing legislation and regulation
- The roles and responsibilities of Board members
- Excellence in Governance code for members
- The legal liabilities of Board members
- Managing the paperwork – making it work for you
- Effectiveness at Board meetings – asking the challenging questions
- The difference between working strategically and working operationally
Who should attend?
New Board members, independent members, resident members, local authority nominees.