This one-day workshop provides participants with an understanding of the benefits of appraisal programmes and provides the techniques and skills to carry out appraisals effectively – benefiting the appraiser, the appraisee and the organisation.
Aims and objectives
At the end of the workshop participants will have an understanding of:
- The purpose of the appraisal
- How to structure an appraisal discussion
- What can go wrong and how to put it right
- Different questioning and probing techniques
- How to create a Board member development plan
- How to write up an appraisal
Who should attend?
Chairs, Vice-Chairs and other individuals tasked with carrying out appraisals or those wishing to gain a greater understanding of the appraisal process and its benefits.