Data Protection at Work
Covers the main principles underlying the differences between Freedom of Information and data protections laws, including when personal data may be released and when it should not be released.
Aims and objectives:
By the end of the session participants will understand:
- Which law to use when dealing with requests (DPA or FOI)
- Definitions of “personal data”
- How to interpret exemptions
- Principles governing access to third party personal information
- Implications of Tribunal decisions
- How to ensure confidentiality when carrying out and reporting on surveys
Who should attend?
This course is for staff who handle or manage personal information.