This one day course aims to improve your awareness and knowledge of equality and diversity.
By the end of the course you will have:
- Defined equality, diversity and the five underpinning principles
- Discussed the importance of positive language in relating to different people
- Considered the cycle of oppression and links between perceptions, stereotyping, prejudice, discrimination and institutionalised discrimination
- Explored the five levels of prejudice, and the requirements in the 9 protected characteristics from the Equality Act 2010
- Discussed ways of challenging prejudice and discrimination based on your policy