This one day course provides Housing Association staff with key knowledge and a practical understanding of data protection focusing on the existing UK Data Protection Act 1998 and the new legal framework in the EU – General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 which comes into force on 25 May 2018.
By the end of the session you will have:
- Explored the 4 dimensions of confidentiality, the 8 principles of data protection and the 7 rights of data subjects
- Discussed the consent standards in dealing with general and sensitive personal data in preparation for GDPR requirements
- Gained knowledge of exemptions, processing conditions, storage and sharing of data
- Gained an insight into 10 changes and preparing for GDPR in 12 easy steps
- Outlined do’s and don’ts of best practice
Who should attend?
This course is for staff responsible for handling or managing personal information.
For details of when this course is running check our upcoming events >>>